Time for Self Care!
In order to be effective in our teaching and parenting, moms need to occasionally take some time out to unwind and focus on taking care of themselves. Here are some ideas to make the most of those precious moments.
1. Spend some one-on-one time with God. Pray, spend time in the Word, journal, read a devotional. This time will refresh you as you head back into the mother/teacher role.
2. Take a bubble bath. To make it even more relaxing, add some candlelight, soft music, and your favorite beverage.
3. Exercise.Whether it is a brisk walk, jogging, an exercise video, or another activity, the benefits will last for hours.
4. Meet a friend. Lunch, coffee, or some window shopping at the mall – it doesn’t matter. The grown-up talk is the important part!
5. Read a book. A good book can be like a best friend. Take time to travel through the power of a story.
6. Watch a movie. Curl up with a soft blanket and watch something new or revisit an old favorite.
7. Enjoy some tea or coffee. Stock up on varieties of teas or flavored coffees for a quick treat.
No matter what activity you choose, take some time out to rest and rejuvenate! You’ll feel better and your home-school will run smoother when mom is more peaceful.